Gascoyne Way Car Park - Hertford
Short Stay and Long Stay3.0/5
Family and Disability Parking2.5/5
4x4 and Supercar friendly3.5/5
Easy to enter and exit4.5/5
Car Park Hazards3.5/5
- 0 min of free parking. Free on Sunday and Holidays
- Free for Blue badge holders
- Electric Charging Points
- Supercar friendly (ground floor)
- Park Mark Safer Parking
- Narrow parking bays (B, C and D) floors
The Gascoyne Way Car Park in Hertford provides both Short and Long Stay car parking. The car park is located just off the A414 on Gascoyne Way and is approached heading in the Harlow direction. To access the car park use the slip road shortly after exiting the roundabout that leads into Hertford town centre.
What to look out for?
- Kerb as you enter – As you enter the car park be careful not to clip your alloy wheels on the kerb on the left.
- Best floor to park – The ground floor or level A is a short stay car park and has the best spaces. The parking bays are wide and capable of catering for families, people with disabilities, large 4×4’s and super cars
- Less space to park – The upper floors: B, C and D are long stay car parking spaces. Park bays on these floors offer less space that level A on the ground floor. The are more suited to small or family hatchbacks. The spaces are less suitable for families, people with disabilities or those wanting to park prestige or supercars
- Disabled parking – Parking is free for Blue Badge Holders, however the badge must be displayed at all times
The Car Park hazard score looks at areas of the car park that could contribute to damage to your car. High kerbs, walls, tight entrance and exit are all factors to consider. A high score signifies a car park with few hazards.
The Gascoyne Way Car Park has few hazards. Lighting is good by day and night and gets a good turnover of people and vehicle traffic. There is no over-parking or double parking to prevent manoeuvres. The parking bays are clearly marked and the car park is in a good state of repair.
The car park is part of the Park Mark Safer Parking scheme. Most noteworthy, the car park has a number of security cameras are in place, which should reduce crime.
To avoid wheel damage watch for kerbs on entry to the car park and when ascending and descending the ramps because the kerbs are high.
- To avoid reversing into on-coming traffic park with the front of the car facing outwards. This will make it easy to exit your space. Parked cars and posts can obstruct your vision
- The widest spaces are on the ground floor
The best parking spot
The best place to park in the Gascoyne Way Car Park is on the ground floor (Level A). The majority of spaces are wide and suitable for most cars. The parking space close to the exit on the right offers one of the best spots.
WheelsMatter is a dedicated website to provide and facilitate informative motorist reviews. Please feel free to provide your review of the Gascoyne Way Car Park in Hertford below.